Long before Seth Godin’s amazingly popular and insightful book, Tribes, I used that word to describe the group of people I feel most connected to – my “chosen” family if you will.
Just think about the images it conjures up – Tribe. A sense of unquestionable belonging, a sense of deep understanding – knowing that a group has your back no matter what kind of day you’re having – the ultimate safety net.
(It also is a GREAT place for plotting all kinds of adventures and for recovering once the adventure is complete.)
My intention here at Escaping Mediocrity is to create just such a tribe of like-minded adventures who are so ready to escape the world of mediocrity. We won’t all agree on everything and our adventures will differ wildly I am sure. But here’s what we WILL do: we will support, encourage, push a little, laugh a lot and generally enjoy the journey.
Sound like fun?! Yeah! Welcome to the tribe!
Here are some ways you can join The Tribe:
- Participate in the discussions we have here by leaving comments.
- Subscribe to my weekly newsletter, Escape Notes, here: http://bit.ly/EscapeNotes
- Follow me on twitter (@sarahrobinson) and I’ll introduce you to other members of the tribe who hang out there.
- Let me know about your own adventures in authenticity and breaking the death grip of mediocrity by sending me an email sarah (at) escaping-mediocrity (dot) com.
- Share your connections, talents, resources and yourself with those you connect with – THAT is what makes a tribe invincible!
- Stay connected to the by subscribing to the newsletter or the RSS blog feed.
- If you like it here and know other like-minded adventurers, I hope you will invite them to join us (or share the links to posts you like).